Monday, December 28, 2009

Let's talk about this...

I have more to say about what is going on with Eli, myself, and Laura but I don't have the time or much energy to spend on that right now. There will be more info on that at a later time.

So, a more light-hearted affair. Let's talk about games.

I had some of the most fun that I have ever had with my wife over the extended weekend at her mother's house. Here in the Midwest we were hammered with a huge blizzard that scored our region with around 15 inches of snow. What is a tech savy couple to do? Play Mario Kart.

I have never really enjoyed the Nintendo racer game, it always was too difficult on the first system I played it on the N64. On the Wii, the game is incredibly addicting. Laura and I discovered how to unlock more tracks and characters over the long weekend and we spent a few hours playing and laughing to our hearts content. It was such a relief not to be focusing on what should have been our hardest christmas together. Our first christmas as a married couple.

One of my presents on Christmas morning were two cards for Wii points, something I had placed on my list rather absent mindedly, not expecting anyone to purchase them for me. I am glad that I did receive them. With the points you can download hundreds of old Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64 games with a Wii connected to the internet. They even have a handful of titles from the ancient Commodore 64. To my wife's delight I downloaded Mario Kart 64, a title she kept talking about over the weekend during our dozens of tournaments of MarioKart Wii on the basement tv. "Is this track from the 64 one?" she asked probably half a dozen times. Now she doesn't have to be uncertain.

I also downloaded the original Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I played the original Final Fantasy back in the late 80's and Ocarina was my second Zelda game that held my attention through many of my formative years.

Alas I am out of time dear readers.

Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment